We will be putting some of your suggestions that I collected last Friday into action this week. As we go along, please continue to give feedback on things that you do like and things that you think that we can improve.
Monday- Just use today as a catch-up day for quests that you either need to finish up or would like to go back and spend some more time on. I will be available to ask questions as you go along.
This week we have 2 “Main Quests” (Picture-Taking and Making Collages), along with 11 “Side Quests” (Mostly skills working with Photoshop) to help you along the way. Make the “Main Quests” your priority, but if you are waiting for a camera or want some practice with Photoshop before working with your collages, work with those side quests. We will also have 6 optional side quests for those “go-getters” who are putting in great effort and still moving quickly.
Remember, above all I want you to TAKE YOUR TIME and PUT YOUR BEST EFFORT into your work. As long as we don’t miss any school this week, I believe most of you should have enough time to get through these. If you are still on older quests, that is alright, but you might want to consider coming in during mentoring, lunch, or a study hall to get some extra time to work. Working at home is always an option, as well, if you have a computer and an internet connection available.
*Note: I’ve decided to make Main Quests worth twice as many XP and Gold, since they are our main focus. However, remember that the Side Quests will really help you learn how to work with Photoshop and learn other important skills*
(Repeat from Last Week) Image Composition – Level 3: Take a new set of pictures using three new principles of image composition (Framing, Sharpness, Arrangement) [60 XP]
Design Principles – Level 3: Create your second collage, using three new design principles (Rule of Thirds, Alignment, White Space) [60 XP]
Better Quality Video – Watch this to find out how to get a better version of our videos where you can actually see what is on my screen! [0 XP]
Photoshop Skills: (I’ll get these up ASAP. If you “don’t have anything to do,” let me know)
- Selection – Level 3: For this quest, I have provided a file that you can work through, rather than a video. Let me know how you like working this way. [30 XP]
- Resizing, Rotating, & Cropping – Level 3: This quest also includes a file that will walk you through working with rotating, resizing, and cropping images in Photoshop. [30 XP]
- Editing Images – Level 1: [10 XP]
- Editing Images – Level 2: [20 XP]
- Editing Images – Level 3: [30 XP]
- How to Fix Images – Level 1: [10 XP]
- How to Fix Images – Level 2: [20 XP]
- How to Fix Images – Level 3: [30 XP]
- How to Combine Images – Level 1: [10 XP]
- How to Combine Images – Level 2: [20 XP]
- How to Combine Images – Level 3: [30 XP]
- Generating Different File Formats – Level 4: More advanced info on the “Save for Web…” option in Photoshop [40 XP]
- Generating Different File Formats – Level 5: [50 XP]
- Selection – Level 4: [40 XP]
- Selection – Level 5: [50 XP]
- Resizing, Rotating, & Cropping – Level 4: [40 XP]
- Resizing, Rotating, & Cropping – Level 5: [50 XP]